Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Sally Gambrell

Someone gave me a yoga gift certificate after the birth of one of my children. I was a life-long distance runner and athlete. Yoga just didn’t sound like my “thing”. Maybe when I was too old to run?!

Looking back, that gift certificate was the gift of a lifetime. I went to class skeptical and came out amazed: I couldn’t believe how good I felt. I kept going and soon developed a yoga practice that changed my life.

The physical results came immediately. My body became toned, flexible, and graceful as I released years of tightness, tension and stress. I felt more energetic. I slept better. I woke up pain free. My jeans fit!

But more importantly my life continues to change in other ways: I react less; I’m clearer about what I feel, think, and want, and about what matters to me; I am more patient and present with my children; I feel more connected to my husband; I’m enjoy more and my days are rich. I find time is slowing and I am more present, more ME. Yoga is about finding and creating balance, bringing all of you – your body, life, mind, relationships, spirit, everything into wholeness.

Does this sound too good to be true? It’s not. I see the same thing happening over and over to people coming to class everyday. What prompted me to co-found Yoga One with my husband is the desire to share yoga and the success and happiness it brings with the world. I wanted to create a space where people felt welcomed, accepted and challenged to do the hardest and most important work of their lives: regaining and creating the life of their lifetime, to help people not only live longer but to bring more life into life!

I bow with love, gratitude and humility to my teachers: Baron Baptiste (Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga), Rod Stryker (Parayoga), Pandit Rajmani Tigunait (head of the Himalayan Institute), Sharon Gannon and David Life (co-founders of Jivamukti Yoga) and Jon Kabat-Zinn (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction). I also bow to the amazing group of teachers at Yoga One with whom I work, learn and grow. And finally I bow to the Yoga One students, who bring the yoga, every day, every class and teach me more than they will ever know.

Sally Gambrell
Find Sally at:

Yoga One

1318 Central Avenue - D2, Charlotte
www.y1now.com