Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Rhea Slichter

I was fortunate to meet Baron Baptiste and attend his yoga classes at the Main Line Health and Fitness Club, in Philadelphia, during the late 1990’s. A friend brought me to his class there and I had no idea what I was getting into! What an impact this first class had on me! I think I almost passed out a half a dozen times and I felt completely challenged! At the end of this first class, I knew my body and my spirit had fallen in love with what I had experienced in this first class. Fifteen years later and I still love this yoga. It’s one of the longest relationships in my life because it is completely worthwhile to stay connected with it.

The main reason I stayed with Baron and his hot yoga was that it was very therapeutic. I really listened to Baron and believed him when he said that this yoga would heal me if I practiced it consistently 5 to 6 times a week. I was in my 30’s and my life was amazing, challenging, not up to my expectations and overwhelming professionally. The stress was making me sick. Doctors didn’t know what to do with my symptoms other than to probably keep me on medication for years. I followed Baron’s advice and it worked! Actually it wasn’t just me, many people around me healed themselves through practicing this yoga and became much healthier and happier in their lives.

I hadn’t really thought about teaching yoga until Baron asked me to become one of his first teachers. I am so thankful that he gave me the opportunity and impetus to begin teaching and sharing this yoga with others! Teaching this yoga has become very meaningful to me and it has helped a good many people transform and fulfill themselves. I know that I have definitely changed myself a lot from the inside out; becoming more honest, healthy, courageous, joyful, calm and compassionate.

I have worked for Baron Baptiste professionally as a yoga instructor for twelve years in his Philadelphia & Boston yoga studios. I have enjoyed very much this long perspective/connection. It was a blast to have Baron as my main yoga teacher for several years in Philadelphia. It was really cool to see Baron walk his talk and expand within a handful of years into a world wide respected yoga leader. I also witnessed his process in putting the “Foundations of Flow” together and writing his two powerful books.

I attended his certification programs and was personally coached in teacher trainings with Baron while I taught in his Boston studios. I recommend highly that if you would like to teach this yoga, teach for him in Boston at his flagship studios—it’s simply the best experience you will ever have professionally!

I have recently returned to the Pacific Northwest (Spokane, WA) to be closer to family and to begin sharing this yoga here. Baptiste Power Vinyasa yoga has been and continues to be the yoga I mainly teach. It is the most powerful, transformative and accessible yoga ever! I would love to connect with you! Jai & Blessings to you for a joyous life journey!

Rhea Slichter
Find Rhea at: www.yoga-rhea.com