Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Rebecca Pearce

My first experience with yoga was 10 years ago when I attended my first Bikram Yoga class. I was not particularly interested in the spiritual or healing aspects of yoga, I was simply looking for an extra edge–something to enhance the weight training and cardio I was already doing. That was a very unbalanced time in my life. I found myself often working 7 days a week and keeping a full social and travel calendar. In my off time, I was either at the gym or frantically checking off life’s everyday “to do” list. Looking back, I think I truly believed that I was invincible—I could do it all! As life would have it, the balance I was so lacking in my life caught up with me and brought me to my knees.

It is then, that my true yoga journey began.

In the beginning, I was very resistant to the idea of slowing down. You see, at that point, my ego still had a very strong hold over me. I did not want to accept that I had completely blown out my thyroid and adrenals. I could not believe that this could happen to me.

Forced to face the facts, I began my long and slow journey inward. I cut way back on work, bowed out of many of my social obligations and eventually quit going to the gym. It was difficult at first, but, after several months of nursing my pride and convincing myself that it was “o.k.” to take time for me, I began to seek out more restorative styles of yoga. I found great solace on my mat—a sense of freedom and inner peace. I began to realize how important it was to nurture my body, mind and spirit. My time on my mat became my time for cleaning the slate. The place I could go and really get to know myself. The gift I gave myself, everyday.

After several years of talking about it, I finally picked up the phone and called Brooke to pick her brain about Indigo and to get her thoughts on teacher training. She enthusiastically told me that the next day she was having an Assistant Teacher Training and Master Class with Brian Lam.

From the first time I walked through the doors of Indigo Yoga, in August 2008, I knew I had found the community I was searching for. Within a few months I registered for my 200 RYT Teacher Training at Dallas Yoga Center. It was there, under the watchful eyes of Jessica O’Keefe and David Sunshine I began my studies of traditional yoga philosophy, pranayama, meditation and detailed deconstruction of asana.

Upon certification, I immediately began teaching at Indigo. In August 2009, I attended and completed Level 1 Teacher Training with Baron Baptiste. In September, I completed Level 2 and went on to participate in the GREAT Program—hands on training in the Art of Assisting.I am blessed to be able to share my love of yoga and am eternally grateful to Brooke, the Indigo staff, and the entire Indigo community for their unending love and support. I look forward to continued training with Baron Baptiste and furthering my studies in Therapeutic Yoga and Holistic Nutrition.

Rebecca Pearce
Find Rebecca at:

Indigo Yoga

4812 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth
T: 817.735.9642
www.indigoyoga.net