Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Rachael Lappen

Rachael stumbled upon Baptiste Yoga on a friend’s recommendation in December 2002 when she moved (conveniently) down the street from the studio.  A lifelong fitness and wellness enthusiast and former competitive swimmer, she was sure that her “high intensity” lifestyle and yoga would not mesh.  From her first moments on the yoga mat, she instantly changed her mind.  She was inspired, intrigued… and completely overwhelmed!

“I went straight home after class and had to lie down!  For a whole year, I dreamt about what it would be like to go back to class.  Finally, and thankfully, I woke up and found out!  I immediately knew this practice would be part of my life from that point on.”

Rachael has always been drawn to the balance of dynamic and meditative flow of energy and the constant evolution of body and mind that exists at the core of this practice.  With a degree in Biology from Clark University and a background as a Scientist, she is specifically interested in the intricacies between science and yoga and the balance between the two.  Rachael has completed Level 1, 2 and 3 Teacher Training with Baron Baptiste, and regularly works with and assists Baron at trainings and programs nationally and internationally.  Her favorite workshops to teach are Yoga for Runners and recently Yoga for Cyclists- sharing how Baptiste Yoga can support athletes to love their sport and stay healthy for a lifetime.  She is a Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher at the 500 Hour level through Yoga Alliance.

Rachael always teaches with a smile.  Above all, the profound presence of the Baptiste Yoga community keeps her connected to her ever-evolving journey of keeping it real and feeling good.  She is endlessly grateful to all of her teachers and mentors who continue to guide her along the way.

Rachael Lappen
Find Rachael at:

Cambridge Studio

2000 Massachussetts Avenue, Cambridge
T: 617-661-6565
baronbaptiste.com