Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Nicole Sargent

All of my life I had been a planner, but what I have experienced as my life has unfolded, is that often, the most wonderful things along the way were not planned but happened when I relaxed and stopped trying so hard. That’s how I finally saw the love of my life who had been standing in front of me the whole time, and how I left a career in social work to pursue my passion for all things yoga! Power Yoga Canada and Baptiste Yoga came into my life, rocked my world, and showed me ease, freedom and endless possibilities.

I can still clearly remember my very first experience at a yoga class, I don’t recall what poses we did, or the teacher’s name, but I remember vividly the feeling I was left with afterwards. Sitting in my car, I recall thinking how amazing I felt, not only physically rinsed out, but my busy mind was clear, and I was full of joy, I thought I need more of this! And from that moment on, I had fallen madly & deeply in love with this practice.

That was 7 years ago, and since then I haven’t looked back! Since joining the Power Yoga Canada team in 2009, I have kept the flame of my love affair alive by completing Level 1 & Level 2 teacher trainings with Baron Baptiste, as well as the Baptiste Power Flow Immersion in Colorado, and most recently, the Art of Assisting.

My Baptiste yoga practice continues to amaze me with its ability to meet me exactly where I am, and to give me exactly what I need in the moment. I love hitting my mat, feeling the physical practice and breath draw me out of my head, into my body, and into a sense of wholeness and complete acceptance. All of my planning and trying in my life and on my mat had left me feeling as though I was banging my head against a brick wall, but my practice gave me the concrete tools of breath and of finding ease in the most uncomfortable situations (and poses!).

I am so grateful and excited to be a part of the Baptiste community as a Certified Teacher, indeed; this is a life that I never could have planned out in my wildest dreams. I can’t wait to see YOU on your mat, and to share my love of this practice and community with you!

Nicole Sargent
Find Nicole at:

Power Yoga Canada

485 Trafalgar Road, Oakville
T: (905) 403-9642
www.poweryogacanada.com