Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Michael Kubitzky

Michael’s yoga journey started at 19, when he became inspired by the writings of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Soon thereafter he joined a bhakti yoga monastery and for the next 16 years led the life of a traditional vedic monk and priest, absorbing himself in strict daily spiritual discipline, rising early in the mornings, practicing daily meditation, daily studying the traditional yogic texts and cultivating selfless service. During that time Michael also spent the equivalent of two years in sacred places throughout India learning spiritual and culinary secrets.

It wasn’t until after rejoining mainstream society though, that Michael really started to fully appreciate and recognise what valuable gifts and life – tools he’d gained.

During 2004 Michael discovered Hot Power Yoga.

“I remember the first time I tried hot power yoga I couldn’t believe how hammered I was, even after just the first half an hour! But I was hooked and kind of knew that this was the way I was destined to go!”

Michael started teaching in Newcastle back in 2005. He likes to challenge students, but to keep it accessible, light hearted and fun.

It was at Baron Baptiste’s very first training held in Australia back in ’09 that Michael met Karl. Together they decided to open a world-class yoga studio for the people of Newcastle to share this amazing practice with the local community.

Michael holds a Diploma of Satyananda Yoga Teaching, and gained his Certification from Baron Baptiste in Feb, 2012.

Michael Kubitzky
Find Michael at:

Hot Power Yoga

204 King St Newcastle NSW 2300
T: 02 4929 6791
hotpoweryoga.com.au