Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Mary Howard

Mary is the founder of New Hampshire Power Yoga, which exclusively offers Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga to the Greater Nashua and Manchester areas of Southern New Hampshire. After years of experimentation with different fitness routines, Mary, a homemaker and mother of three wonderful children, found Baptiste Yoga and was completely transformed. Just a few months into a regular yoga practice, 45 pounds melted away, along with a chronic back problem for which she had been told would require surgery. She was so inspired by her own transformation; she felt an overwhelming desire to share this with as many as possible.

“Finding this practice was a Godsend for me. The physical changes were sudden and dramatic, and initially were the main inspiration to practice. However it has been the emotional and spiritual changes, which developed over a longer period of time, that have been much more meaningful to me. Like so many of us I was spending much of my time in my head, consumed with stress, worry, and anxiety. I was so caught up in my own mental movie that I was missing the real beauty in my life!”

Mary received her teacher training from Baron Baptiste, author of the best-selling books “Journey Into Power” & “40 Days to Personal Revolution”. She is one of a very select group of Certified Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Teachers. Mary also appears in Baptiste’s video series “Journey into Power”. In addition, Mary is a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 500 hour level (500 RYT). Over the past several years she has done extensive continuing Ed. with Baron Baptiste and other outstanding teachers including Natasha Rizopoulos, Seane Corn, Gary Kraftsow, Rod Stryker, Julie Gumedstad, Matthew Sanford, Chuck Miller and Maty Ezraty. In addition, Mary has completed level one training with Kam Thye Chow, founder of the Lotus Palm School of Thai Yoga Massage, Montreal.

Mary holds a B.A. in Psychology from Wells College, and attended Syracuse University’s Graduate School of Education. She has also studied Anatomy & Physiology with Tom Myers, author of Anatomy Trains, and is a member of the California Yoga Teacher’s Association. In addition to her classes at NH Power Yoga, Mary shares this wonderful process with employees of area corporations and local community groups. She also teaches Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga at local dance studios, and recently assisted the Harvard University Men’s Volleyball team in their pre-season conditioning.

Mary Howard
Find Mary at:

NH Power Yoga

DJ Square, 704 Route 101A, Merrimack
www.nhpoweryoga.com