Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Mark Finneran

I teach Baptiste yoga because: I want others to feel strong and alive.

I practice Baptiste yoga because: there is a sense of healing, calm and excitement all in the same time.  I feel I’ve never been so challenged by something that completely calms me to the core.

Mark comes to the Baptiste studios after a colorful journey in both sports and journalism. He attended the University of Maine where he received a BA in journalism. After graduation, Mark launched a career in television news and received numerous honors as an anchor and reporter for network affiliates along the east coast and mid-Atlantic.

Mark is a former college volleyball player and trained for years running road races and marathons (Boston was his favorite). He stumbled into the Baptiste studio plagued with aches and pains from a lifetime of competitive sports. “[The Boston Marathon's] Heartbreak Hill has nothing on this practice. This yoga challenges you in the most comprehensive way: mind and muscle.”

He fell in love with the practice and has participated in various workshops and teacher trainings including Baptiste teacher training I and II in Hawaii and Montana. Stronger, healthier, and lighter, Mark balances the demands of a career in the the sales and operations of his family’s printing business in South Boston with both a regular practice and yoga teaching.

Mark is elated to be teaching at the Baptiste studios. His journey continues with a sense of humor and a commitment to his students and his community.

“Anyone can be calm on vacation or at a retreat. But, throw in stresses of every day life and business you’ll understand why I don’t just do yoga, I NEED yoga.”

Mark Finneran
Find Mark at: