Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Lori Atkins

Baptiste yoga as a practice is accessible to everyone,  it is stimulating, invigorating and detoxing. I love how it makes me feel.  Baron is one of the most intuitive and inspiring people I know, being in his presence and witnessing transformation and transforming myself has been life changing.

Not only does Lori work as a progressive, compassionate and authentic obstetrician and gynecologist, she is a model of health and wellness.

“I started yoga 1993 after running injury and quickly discovered the physical advantages. I continued to practice on my own occasionally. In 2002 I discovered Brooke and vinyasa yoga. It was then that I started to understand the deeper emotional benefits. As a physician, my life is both busy and stressful. Looking forward to coming to my mat and practicing yoga has positively affected all of my life. Over the last year I have discovered that I not only enjoy practicing but I really love sharing yoga with others. I stumbled into teaching as a substitute when my yoga mentor was away at training, and now I am working on becoming a Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga certified instructor. Aside from yoga, I love to run, bike, do Pilates and many other activities. But most importantly, I share my life with my son Sammy, age 10, and the love of my life, Alex.”

Lori is one of those amazing yoga teachers who simply and seamlessly integrates life with yoga, communicates and connects deeply with students on and off of the mat and who is truly passionate about not only her own practice but about the entire yoga process. Indigo is honored to have on its teaching staff a teacher who has such a vast working (and literally daily) knowledge of the human anatomy. Lori lends phenomenal anatomical expertise in the physical areas of the pelvic floor, hips and core, and has a wealth of knowledge in core stabilization. And she delivers babies!

Lori completed Level 1 Teacher Training with Baron Baptiste in August of 2008 and Level 2 in June of 2009. In November of 2009 she participated in Philip Urso’s “Beyond Presence” teacher training at Indigo Yoga. But the frosting came when she repeated Level 1 in Hawaii in February 2010 as a participant in Baron’s BadAss Program.

“Lori has always been an incredible teacher,” says Owner Brooke Hinkle. “But at the BadAss training, Lori took the lid off. It was as if I was meeting her for the first time, unfiltered. The BadAss team had to teach the entire group of bootcampers – over 100 students – while being coached by Baron, which is no easy task. Lori was one of only two who was in such inspirational flow that she was uninterrupted by Baron, and later given amazing feedback. It was an honor to witness her find her true voice as a yoga teacher.”

Lori has received her 200-hour RYT certification and is now a certified Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher.

Lori Atkins
Find Lori at:

Indigo Yoga

4812 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth
T: 817.735.9642
www.indigoyoga.net