Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Kristy Summers

Kristy Summers discovered her love of teaching while coaching young gymnasts as a teenager. Later, facing extreme stress at work and at the urging of a friend, she tried a yoga class and was immediately hooked, practicing every day. After meeting Baron Baptiste in 2004, Kristy felt the urgency to bring the Baptiste Yoga to others. Kristy is a Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher, and has trained with Baron Baptiste since 2005. She has also studied with many Baptiste Master Teachers including Gregor Singleton, Coeli Marsh, Claire Este-McDonald and Lisa Black; has assisted Baron at events, teacher trainings and Digital 40 Days programs; is in the two latest Baptiste Yoga DVDs; and is a member of the recently formed Baptiste Teacher Leader Body. Kristy started teaching at Shakti East just a few days after relocating from Boulder, Colorado to Bellevue, Washington in 2008.

“I love the simplicity of Baron’s series and how it is appropriate for any level student,” Kristy says. “Baron’s flow and teaching philosophy allows students to get fully into their bodies, and out of their heads…and when that happens, their hearts naturally begin to open up as they drop anything that is not serving them or others. Through this yoga and Baron’s inspiration, I have learned that ANYTHING is possible, to believe in myself, and to come into my power – and then, I can empower others.”

In addition to teaching yoga, Kristy currently spearheads worldwide sales training for an enterprise software company and is the co-author of “The Fruit Feast” – a book that guides readers through a 3-day fruit-only cleanse. Find out more at thefruitfeast.com

Kristy Summers
Find Kristy at:

Shakti Vinyasa Yoga WEST (Ballard)

2238 NW Market Street , Seattle
T: (206) 297-YOGA (9642)
www.shaktivinyasa.com