Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Keenan McLaren

I stumbled into yoga about 8 years ago, originally attending classes to support my mom who was having sciatic nerve problems at the time. I immediately felt a great passion for all types of yoga and the message of overall wellness, love, and fervor for life it encourages. I was training to become a professional dancer and yoga was a place I could go to heal my body and my mind from the rigors of the ballet world. I have since gone on to become a professional ballet dancer for eight years with Ballet Austin, Dayton Ballet, Ballet Fleming, and most recently, Nashville Ballet. I could not have done this without yoga!

About two years ago, I realized that I needed to share the intense love I had for yoga and decided to become a teacher. I attended Baron Baptiste’s Level I Bootcamp in June of 2010 and Level II Bootcamp in May of 2011, where I met Leanne Woehlke of Epic Yoga and she offered me my first teaching job! Although I love all types of yoga, Baptiste yoga really spoke to me. It is very physical, yet at the same time stresses the importance of mind/body connection and is very meditative. Baptiste yoga is a lifestyle that teaches you to be authentic, compassionate, and “up to something big”.

I have also recently become an ambassador for Africa Yoga Project. I really believe in the work that AYP is doing and would like to make people aware of all the amazing life changes that is possible through yoga. I have committed to raise a minimum of $5,000 for AYP and will be traveling to Africa next June for two weeks to teach yoga and ballet and spread the love- I am really looking forward to this opportunity.

Keenan McLaren
Find Keenan at:

Epic Yoga

782 Old Hickory Boulevard, Suite 205, Brentwood
T: (615) 730-8368
www.epicyogacenter.com