Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Kathleen Maroney

“What you experience on your mat will translate to your life off the the mat.” My teachers repeatedly told me this when I first became hooked on Baptiste Yoga in 2003. I never doubted their wisdom and kept an open mind. The heat and flow of every yoga class was transformative — I felt better! Soon, I was going to five or six classes a week — sometimes two a day, alternating between various studios near my home in Hopkinton, RI and New York City. I completed my Baptiste Level One training in August, 2007, never thinking that I would actually teach. In Spring of 2010, my life literally went with “the flow,” and by that I mean the Pawcatuck River — I completely lost my Rhode Island house in the March flood. I found myself living in Middletown, CT, where no Baptiste yoga could be found. I volunteered to teach yoga at a community not-for-profit dance organization, where I found that I truly loved teaching and sharing “my yoga.” My teachers had been right — the lessons learned on my mat showed up in my daily life.

I believe in going with the flow, not struggling with situations I cannot control. I try to live in the moment, and am far less reactive. Yoga is an ongoing journey in my life.

Kathleen Maroney
Find Kathleen at:

Fresh Yoga

www.freshyoga.com