Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Joanna Gumbley

I love learning and I love moving my body.

For me the Baptiste system of yoga asana, meditation and self-enquiry is a powerful combination of tools that empowers me to step beyond previously limiting beliefs and into a fuller, joyful, freer expression of my true self.  I love the practice because it challenges me physically and mentally. I leave each practice feeling re-connected to myself and to others.

This practice has given me so much on my yoga mat that I have taken off the mat into my life.  These include re-opening my heart, leading me back to joy and gratitude, and away from resignation and cynicism.

I teach Baptiste Power Vinyasa yoga because I want to light others up in the way I was lit up right from my very first class with Duncan Peak in Sydney, Australia, in 2007.  I see teaching as a way to share my intention of empowering others to grow physically, mentally and emotionally.  I aim to create a sense of community through my teaching.

I believe yoga unites body, mind and soul, and the results are immediate.  Africa Yoga Project (www.africayogaproject.org) is for me a shining example of the power of yoga and I am proud to be a supporter via the Mentor program.

I have taken many Baron Baptiste trainings, including Levels 1, 2 and 3 and Art of Assisting.  I became a Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher in 2012.  I also continue to study with other local and international teachers.  I am a qualified Personal Trainer.  Before yoga I had a career in Investment Consulting and Fund Management and before that I devoted years to playing violin in orchestras.  Life can take many a different turn!

I was born in the UK, lived in Sydney, Australia for 6 years, and currently reside in Guildford in Surrey, a beautiful and historic town 27 miles southwest of London in the UK.  I am married with two children.  To find out where I am teaching please check out www.jogumbley.com.

Joanna Gumbley
Find Joanna at:

Red Hot Yoga

www.redhotyoga.co.uk