Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Elizabeth Johnstone

Elizabeth is an accomplished tennis player and team captain who began practicing Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga to help her tennis game, which it certainly has done. So much more has been discovered.

Elizabeth enjoys sharing her passion for yoga with the community. She also enjoys helping athletes gain greater strength and flexibility through Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga. Her love of yoga and her commitment to her true path and to helping others inspires her to be a passionate and caring teacher.

“The moving and dynamic flow and sequencing is fun and accessible to everyone. In the heated room, I feel like I am burning off my past. The breath reminds me that the past is not now, and reminds me of my aliveness. I am so grateful to Baron Baptiste and his family for bringing yoga into my life and the lives of so many others.”

After attending a Personal Revolution boot camp in May, 2007, and reading in 40 Days to Personal Revolution about the positive effects of meditation in a prison in Tikun, India, Elizabeth was deeply inspired by Baron Baptiste and began volunteer teaching weekly meditation and Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga at York Correctional Facility, a maximum security women’s prison in Connecticut. Through this journey of experiencing the process unfolding within herself and witnessing it occurring with her students, Elizabeth founded Recovery Yoga, Inc., a nonprofit 501(c)(3) service organization dedicated to healing and personal empowerment through yoga programs in southeastern Connecticut and southwestern Rhode Island. Recovery Yoga is responding to the urgent and growing need for rehabilitative programs for at-risk women and teens. “This process of Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga touches the women’s hearts, bodies, and souls as it does mine.” Currently, four Baptiste trained teachers are sharing the Baptiste teachings through Recovery Yoga at York.

Recovery Yoga programs are at The Waterford Country School, York Correctional Facility in Niantic CT, The Cranston Womens Prison, R.I., Mystic Yoga Shala, Safe Futures fka The Women’s Center of SE CT. and Amethyst House, a new treatment facility in North Haven, Connecticut designed for holistic, integrative care, support and education. The programs at Amethyst House include a Mommy and Me class, as well as a Yoga Nidra class for the mothers in recovery and their babies. Many of the mothers recently have been reunited with their children.

Elizabeth is a graduate of Spirit Tree Yoga School with Director Cathy Cesario. She has completed Level One Thai Yoga bodywork training with Ed Cardinal. Elizabeth is honored to begin a six year Professional Yoga Therapy Training wtih Master yoga therapist Aadil Palkivala. Elizabeth is a 500 hour RYT and a 200 ERYT.

Elizabeth believes yoga is about triumph of the human spirit. She is grateful for her teachers and the community in which she lives. Elizabeth lives by the sea in Stonington, Connecticut and teaches at Mystic Yoga Shala.

wwwRecoveryYoga.org

Elizabeth Johnstone
Find Elizabeth at:

Mystic Yoga Shala

http://www.mysticyogashala.com/