Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Denise Desrochers

I would have to say that I really didn’t ‘find’ yoga but rather it found me. I started doing Power Yoga because a friend had suggested that it would really help my back. I had been struggling with this injury for quite some time, going to physiotherapy three times a week, countless massages, you name it. My days as a gymnast, a professional dancer and teacher were taking its toll and nothing seemed to be working. So I took a class and came out saying “What just happened?!” Little did I know how life altering that class would be. This class shook me up. I loved it but I wasn’t sure what do to next. All I knew is that I wanted and needed more. I soon discovered that my practice was not only about the physicality and how amazing my body felt but rather the total rinsing and clearing of my mind and spirit. I was learning to deal with difficult circumstances with peace and acceptance and letting go of relationships that were not beneficial in my life. That was the care that I truly needed.

Baptiste yoga has given me so much more than just a ‘healed’ back. It has placed a mirror in front of my face and has led me to make positive changes in every aspect of my life. I got a small taste of this while attending Baron Baptiste’s Level 1 Bootcamp. I realised that I have been ignoring my gut, my intuition for years and that my fear has led me to play it safe. I came back with a sense of urgency and commitment greater than before. I immediately started assisting and teaching and it is completely unreal to me….I don’t know how I got here!! What I do know is that I want to share this passion, this love, this fire with as many people as I can so that they too can awake from their sleep. I am so thrilled to be a senior teacher at Power Yoga Canada and am so grateful to be a part of this positive, accepting and loving community.

“Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.” Marianne Williamson

Denise Desrochers
Find Denise at:

Power Yoga Canada

485 Trafalgar Road, Oakville
T: (905) 403-9642
www.poweryogacanada.com