Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Debbie Smith

My yoga journey began in 2007; 3 months after my twin girls were born. I went to my first yoga class at Moksha Oakville (soon after became Kula). My goal was to sweat out my last 5 pounds of baby weight, overtime, as expected, I succeeded. What I did not expect was to sweat out 10 pounds of fear, 10 pounds of judgement, and 10 pounds of anger, jealousy, envy, ego, the list goes on and on. Each and every time I hit my mat I felt lighter and lighter.

Before I ever stepped foot onto a yoga mat I always felt like I had something to share with others, it wasn’t until my own personal practice in the Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga style and my teacher training’s with Baron Baptiste and Kinndli McCollum, that it became clear; that it’s actually my life that I want to share. Every moment of my life is an opportunity for me to teach from and maybe just one lesson in my life will resonate with you on to your mat.

This yoga journey that I am on has given me such awareness. I have never held myself so accountable and looked at my spirit so closely. I love how every moment seems to be a lesson I can learn from, no matter how positive or negative that moment might be, I am now seeing the light.

I want to thank Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga for it has reminded me of what I have known all this time, that my life is a practice and I will practice for life.
Namaste

Debbie Smith
Find Debbie at:

Power Yoga Canada

485 Trafalgar Road, Oakville
T: (905) 403-9642
www.poweryogacanada.com