Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Darlene Berg

I attended my first yoga class in 2002, shortly after the birth of my second child. I was highly stressed, and looking to get some “me” time outside the house. By the second class, I was completely hooked on yoga as I felt the immediate release of tension in my body. By 2007, I decided I wanted to know more about yoga, I knew I was only scratching the surface in my practice. I registered in my first 200 hour yoga teacher training in Hatha yoga. Afterwards, I started to teach Hatha yoga at Yoga by Sarah in St Catharines.

In February 2009, Senior Baptiste Teacher Kinndli McCollum came to teach weekend workshops at my home studio, introducing me to Baptiste Power Vinyasa. My mind was blown away. I had never been more connected to myself or my mat, and I knew I wanted to have the lightness I saw in Kinndli, and I wanted to bring that energy to my students in my classes. Needless to say, I signed up for a level 1, Baptiste Power Vinyasa teacher training in August 2009, completed Level 2 in May 2010 and I am a certified Baptiste Power Vinyasa teacher. I’ll be honest- I had gone to dozens of different types of practitioners looking for answers to “fix” what was “wrong” with me. I was looking for the easy answer or quick fix, but what I really needed to do was to connect with myself. I realized my problem – I was looking for answers from the outside world when the answers were always inside me. Through my trainings I have learned to let go of past experiences that I was letting shape my life. I now know I am responsible for where I am in my life and where I am going.

Hitting my mat everyday keeps this connection alive so I can let the past dissolve and live in the present moment. I feel empowered and want to share the lightness I have found within, to those who come to my class. Anything is possible in your life, the sky is the limit! Go big with your dreams and your life! Carpe Diem!

Darlene Berg
Find Darlene at:

Power Yoga Canada

485 Trafalgar Road, Oakville
T: (905) 403-9642
www.poweryogacanada.com