Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Courtney Shearer

A dear friend took me to my first yoga class in 2003, and I have been hooked ever since! After practicing at several studios, I found my yoga home at Yoga One in Charlotte, NC. My dedicated practice led to an interest in teacher training. I went into training thinking I was doing it to learn more about yoga and deepen my personal practice, and I came out of it on fire and ready to TEACH! I obtained my 200-hour certification in 2011 from Yoga One and have completed several trainings with Baron Baptiste, including Level 1, Level 2, and Art of Assisting. In July 2014, I completed the process of becoming a Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher.

Off the mat, I love spending time at home with my husband and two young children – gardening, cooking, dancing, reading, napping! I have a passion for food and wine and a HUGE sweet tooth! I love all kinds of music and enjoy going to see bands and making music with my friends. Travel feeds my soul and I love exploring new places. I also have a soft spot for animals; I am an avid birdwatcher and have been known to take in a stray cat – or three.

Courtney Shearer
Find Courtney at:

Yoga One

1318 Central Avenue - D2, Charlotte
www.y1now.com