Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Cassie McClellan

Cassie has a background in Intercultural Communications, Photo-Journalism, Advertising, Sales & Marketing. She has experience with non-profits and political campaigns. She found yoga in 1995 as a means of athletic conditioning. In 2005, she moved to Hawaii to study Dance, Intercultural Communications and Surfing where her yoga practice took a serious shift and became a life practice. Returning to the mainland, she met her husband, JP, in a yoga class. Her journey of yoga was truly born through her relationship with her husband. They began their studies with Baron in 2008.

Together they traveled to India to study Yoga. They are certified under the Government of India in classical Sivananda Yoga. They have over 500 hours of yogic training. They have studied with Baron in Park City, Jacksonville, Hawaii and Montana. JP & Cassie’s signature style of yoga is co-teaching. They blend the classical style of yoga with the modern influences of Baron Baptiste. They seamlessly weave their words together into a tapestry of flow. Their classes are characterized by witty humor, unconditional love & gentle guidance. Through startling honesty and an incredible ability to speak to the divinity within they embrace the imperfections of us all. They bring their enthusiasm of yoga and passion for life into each class.

When the student is ready the teacher will appear. In 2004 as a Christmas present I received a copy of Journey Into Power. Taking one look at the cover I choked out a “Thanks Mom…power…ha…who needs power???” I promptly left the book on my shelf to collect dust. It was not until I returned to the mainland in 2007, that I found a copy of 40 Days to Personal Revolution on the discount rack shopping between classes one day. Recognizing the photo, and that it was time for a change in my own life- I bought the book and started the program. The program changed my life forever.

Cassie McClellan
Find Cassie at:

Go Yoga Asheville

65A Biltmore Avenue Asheville, NC 28801
T: 828-335-YOGA
www.goyogainc.com