Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Andrea McGee

“My yoga journey started in 2002 by a chance meeting with a friend at Yoga By Sarah in St. Catharines. My 3 month membership became a year membership. I was intrigued mentally and relieved physically after years of back pain. The tears in savasana didn’t deter me even though I had no idea why they fell.With the encouragement of my yoga teacher Sarah Giovannone, I completed a yoga teacher training program at Yoga Space in Toronto in 2005 and have been teaching since then. I attended conferences and workshops and fine tuned my teaching but still felt incomplete off my mat.

Another chance meeting lead me to Senior Baptiste Teacher Kinndli McCollum, whose energy and shine fascinated me. By a friends’ example and encouragement I attended Baron Baptiste’s Journey Into Power Level One in Mexico in December 2009 and Level Two in May 2010. On a personal level, I discovered how to get out of my own way and create healthy relationships and be authentic. Now when I teach, I connect with students beyond the physical practice of yoga and share myself spiritually and mentally. I believe in holding space for you to release your fears, expectations and masks on your mat so you can live in freedom and authenticity off your mat.

I have felt more complete on and off my mat since training with Baron. I understand the root of my tears in savasana and honour what I am experiencing on my mat. When I realized my fear was preventing me from moving forward, I turned my “I want” statements into “I am” statements. I embraced the expression, “If not now, when?” and left my job in social services to teach yoga full time.

Andrea McGee
Find Andrea at:

Yoga by Sarah

St. Catharines, ON
www.yogabysarah.com