Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher:
Amy Greaves

Amy’s yoga path started when her friend Ashley Phoenix opened a yoga studio in 2000. Not only did she want to support her friend, the studio was a few blocks from her house – it was unavoidable. In the beginning, many practices would end in tearful rides home. Emotional roadblocks and self-limiting thoughts came to the forefront. It was the start of an incredible journey into physical and spiritual awakening. After just months of regular practice, she began to feel herself changing, growing. Her mind had been opened to a lighter way of living. To her amazement, her chronic knee pain from 5 knee reconstructions diminished and eventually completely resolved. More gifts came as well: self-forgiveness, self-love, real confidence and a sense of her place in life.

In August of 2003, Amy attended her first Level One Training where she was taught by Baron Baptiste to teach Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga. Teaching Baptiste Yoga offers Amy the perfect setting to share her experience and watch her students unleash their inner strength and grace. Amy continued her training with Baron attending Level 2 in May of 2005 and became a certified teacher in February of 2007.

“Although there have been many profound moments along the way, the journey itself is the richest experience I could have imagined. Baron has taught me to speak my truth and I have learned that my voice is powerful and helpful. I am so thankful for yoga, for Baron and for the opportunity to teach.”

Amy is a fifth generation Coloradan who enjoys all Colorado has to offer. During the day she runs a neurologic research clinic studying new treatments for Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, neuropathic pain and other conditions. Amy received her BA in religion from Emory University and her MBA from the¬†University¬†of Colorado at Denver. She is also a trained EMT.

Amy Greaves
Find Amy at: